We work with a forward thinking fleet management firm in Surrey. We manage various employee benefit insurance and healthcare arrangements for the business, reviewing these annually to ensure they remain suitable, compliant and competitive.
The business employs over 100 staff and is heavily invested in their wellbeing. In order to enhance wellbeing initiatives, increase staff engagement and help with retention and recruitment, the firm were keen to consider benefits platform options which could be introduced to help enhance their offering. The key objectives for the review were as follows:
- Display all company employee benefits on one platform
- Offer access to a range of employee-paid benefits, at preferential rates
- Education and communication for staff, with regards to all benefits and wellbeing initiatives
The business were also keen to avoid significant set up costs, which are often associated with benefit platforms, and this was another objective for the review.
The business asked us to provide suitable options and Luke Harris-Johns, our of our Employee Benefits Advisers, commenced the process to source a solution which provided suitable functionality and benefits for the business, without the high set up costs.
Luke was able to establish a benefits platform for the business. Other versions of this platform in the market were subject to set up fees, but the option we recommended did not incur any set up costs. This meant that they benefited from all of the functionality, but without the up-front expense.
All of the existing benefit schemes were loaded on to the new platform, along with a number of voluntary benefits (such as Critical Illness and Dental cover). This meant that staff had an even broader range of benefits available to them, some of which they could chose to suit their lifestyles. What the company also found was that take up for the existing healthcare arrangements increased significantly following the introduction of the platform, which was a real ‘good news story’ and went some way to demonstrating the effectiveness of this solution.
We worked with the provider, to ensure a fully supported implementation for the business. This included on site presentations to ensure staff were able to use the platform effectively from day one, and full use of the benefits and functionality.
Benefits of an employee benefits review
- Free independent review, to check the suitability, competitiveness and robustness of your employee benefits programme
- Free independent review of a suitable benefit platform for your business including reviewing any platform you may have in place already, to ensure the most appropriate solution is identified
- Review and provide solutions to ensure your employee benefits programme is effectively being communicated to and utilised by your staff
If you would be interested in how we can help you review your benefits programme and wellbeing or employee engagement solutions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01883 332260.